Saturday, July 31, 2010

Wrapped Around Her Fingers.. and Toes

Now I hope what I am about to say doesn't offend anyone but I've never cared to see little girls (I mean little girls. I'm talking about toddlers to preschool age) with pierced ears, nail polish, etc. It is just my opinion and to each their own. I've just always felt that God made little girls perfect just the way they are. I've felt this way before River was born and Jo has always supported me. The closest thing to makeup I ever care to see on River was maybe a chocolate milk mustache or maybe some Play Doh or dirt under her nails.
.
On this topic I would not be moved.
.
Not an inch.
.
I mean it.
.
Really, I didn't intend to budge at all.
.
Then she came to me one morning and looked me in the eye and said, "Daddy, can I please paint my toes?"
.
I didn't stand a chance did I?
.


The following day I purchased five tiny $1 bottles of "Bon Bons" nail polish in purple, glitter purple, mint green, pink, and Kentucky Wildcat Blue.

.

She sat very still as Jo applied the pink first. I still don't care for it but, I suppose, it is all about picking your battles. Watching her walk around for hours while staring at nothing but her toes and giggling was worth it.

.

But NO pierced ears! Seriously. No.

.

3 comments:

MEMAW MARTI said...

I just love those toes :-)
painted or not...

Anonymous said...

love your toes. can"t wait to see them painted wildcat blue.Love you,Granny Collier.

Anonymous said...

awesome Dad....Great colors..Beautiful toes..Gretta