Sunday, August 22, 2010

Ravioli AND Salad!

.
It's the little things the progress over time that you miss if you don't pay attention. We went to Olive Garden today and River enjoyed some cheese ravioli. Although she wore a bib, she really didn't need it; she didn't spill a drop of sauce. I was amazed. Then (with the help of Jo) I noticed other milestones: she didn't require a high chair, she didn't need a sippy cup, she used full-sized utensils, she said "Please" and "Thank You" and (the most amazing part) she ate a salad!!
.
A SALAD!! With Lettuce and tomato and other salady stuff!
.

I know this isn't huge stuff. I'm not going to notify MENSA (yet) but when you consider her first experience with ravioli not too long ago, I cannot help but be a little proud.

.

4 comments:

MEMAW MARTI said...

Such a good, big girl. Your Momma and Daddy have helped you become a little girl to be very proud of. And your PePaw and I couldn't be prouder :-)
Love you so much.

Anonymous said...

River, you have grown into a big girl, that I`m so proud of. your Mom and Dad have done such a great job with teaching you the proper way`s of life. You are a special littler girl. Love Granny

erin said...

HA! Chase has just recently started eating salad, and he's 11! You go River!

Anonymous said...

Shes getting to be such a big girl! Thats so cool she is eating salad... Love you River,, Tracee